Sunday, February 11, 2007

Party in Casco Viejo

This weekend we went to a fellow volunteer Victoria's, house in Casco Viejo of Panama city. Her parents just moved down here to renovate an old house. This part of the city was the first founded but was burned down whenCaptain Morgan attacked. As a UN world heritage site it is full of old stone churches and interesting buildings. However it is also dangerous to go out at night because it is for the most part very poor. There was a bunch of volunteers at the party as well as the habitants of the building. Most of them were retired people from the states, but all very interested in Peace Corps.

Rob, Jacob and Michelle rocking out.

Some of the best food that I will have all month. The sangria was excellent too.

Kevin, myself and Ryu rocking out to the Talking Heads. Its a tradition!



There was an illuminated fountain in the middle of the courtyard. And a sweet bar too.

We switched shirts so I could be wearing all red. I had on my bright red Santa Claus shorts.
Stacey, Melissa, Mo, Justin and Brandon.

2 comments:

Rasa Vella said...

Joe,

Hi I'm a RPCV from Guinea, West Africa. I'm going to be in Panama this summer with the Semester at Sea group. www.semesteratsea.com I went on Semester at Sea as an undergrad and now I have been hired as part of the staff. When we dock in port I'll have a few days to explore the region!

I wanted to contact you to see if you or any other of the PCV's in the area would like to meet up and show me the ropes, your site and some of the projects you are working on. If PCV's have anything it's time, so I thought I'd give it a try. You can email me at rasa.vella@gmail.com I will be in docking in Panama City on June 29th then leaving again July 2nd.

Let me know! I'd also be happy to bring letters and small packages from your friends and family!!!! I hope to hear from you soon.

Cheers,
Rasa

Anonymous said...

Hey Joe,
Its Sam, did you get any of my packages, sweet blog! love, Sam