Sunday, December 10, 2006

Jam Tracks of Panama

Hey everyone in case it was any surprise Panamanians love their music. In my community people commonly walk around with a simple AM/FM radio around their neck and music playing, sometimes even larger ones almost like ghetto blasters. Its just like being on a college campus with all the ipods.
Popular music here includes tipica which features an accordion. You can listen here http://www.cduniverse.com/search/xx/music/pid/6852747/a/Dale+Donde+Mas+Le+Duela.htm
That is Samy y Sandra Sandoval, they are probably the most famous Tipica singers still performing, they are brother and sister.
Other music they play alot is reggaeton, and occasionally reggae. They also have Decima which is to guys singing back at forth at each other. Kinda like a freestyle rap battle. They also occasionally bark like dogs back and forth. Its really hard to explain but hilarious to listen to. I don´t quiet know enough Spanish and slang to understand the majority but I like what i do understand.

So when I do listen to my crank powered radio I listen to a station that plays alot of American music, because its a touch of home. They really like the 80's here. I started writing down some of the songs I heard. Here is goes.

Junior Senior - Don´t stop the beat
Matisyahu - king without a crown
No doubt - Hella Good
Straight up no tell me do you want to love me for ever, oh oh oh
Beatles - She loves you
I´m too sexy
Don´t stop believin
Hey ya
We built this city on rock and roll
Walk like an Egyptian
Wham!
Boston
Fastball - They way
Los Lonely Boys and Santana

Mixed among these is Panamanian songs and other 80´s songs I have never heard. That's it for music, if you don´t use http://www.pandora.com/ for music you should check it out.

No comments: