Thursday, October 25, 2007

Go Sox!

Friends from home ask, were you able to catch the Sox game? I did catch them beating the Indians at my house with my crank radio. My host brothers and I listened to the TV broadcast on the radio cause there is less adds and you can here crowd noise. The antenna on the radio has long been broken off and to get the best reception I had a piece of wire attached to the radio and tucked behind my ear.



Not all Peace Corp Volunteers are roughing it in the jungle. This is my friend Kelly's house. She is a volunteer and lives in a much more developed community. She has a fridge, oven, dishwasher and flush toilet!!
My Panama Verde group planted tree in the water shed of the town aqueduct to prevent erosion during large rains.
I am still working on the aqueduct tank. Here is Jose putting on the water proof mortar inside the tank.

Tuning in to the Sox broadcast.
Later in the night playing dominoes , sharing Night Train and still listening. VICTORY!!
Even Melissa is supporting the Sox. This was in Panama City for game one of the world series.


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi Joe,
It is great to see that Red Sox nation is alive and well in Panama!
The blog is back!! Hooray!
Love,
Mom